The AOASG is a big supporter of Wikipedia. As one of the world’s largest open access initiatives why wouldn’t we? We want to make it even better and you can help by taking part in #1lib1ref which kicks off today and runs until 5 February. While the campaign is targeted at librarians we think everyone who cares about open access should have a go!
Here’s how you can help in five easy steps, thanks to the Wikipedia Library
- Find an article that needs a citation. There are many ways to do this. Here are some strategies.
- Find a reliable source that can support that article
- Add a citation using Wikipedia Style. Click here to learn about adding citations and editing Wikipedia
- Add the project hashtag #1lib1ref in the Wikipedia Edit Summary
- Share your edit on social media and learn more about libraries and Wikipedia. Grab a userbox for your user page if you’re into that sort of thing.