The AOASG held four Webinars and a face-to-face Forum in 2014.
The face to face Forum was held on the morning of Wednesday 5th November 2014 at Tenison Woods House, 8 – 20, Napier Street, North Sydney, 2060 part of the Australian Catholic University’s North Sydney campus.
View presentations and recordings from AOASG 2014 Webinars and Forums
Webinar recordings can be found on the AOASG’s YouTube Channel
Forum slides available: AOASG – Nov5th 2014
Erin McKiernan’s presentation “Culture Change in Academia: Making Sharing the New Norm” is available here
Archive of Program below:
9.30am – 10.10am Registration and Networking morning tea
10.10am – 11.30am Session 1
The first session – focus on updates in open access:
- Emeritus Professor Tom Cochrane, Adjunct Professor – Faculty of LAW, QUT, and AOASG’s patron, will update us on the Australian scene (http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/cochrane/)
- The international perspective will be given in a virtual presentation by Dr Erin McKiernan, Researcher in Medical Sciences at the National Institute of Public Health in Mexico (keynote speaker at 2014 Open Repositories Conference) (http://emckiernan.wordpress.com/)
- Dr Adrian Burton, Director – Services, from the Australian National Data Service (ANDS) will introduce the highly related concept of open data.
11.30am – 12.30pm Session 2
Facilitated discussion with researchers from different disciplines who will be talking about the benefits and challenges they face when trying to share their research through making it open access including the technologies and services which serve their discipline best.
- Prof Andrew Heathcote – University of Newcastle – School of Psychology (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/profile/andrew-heathcote)
- A/Prof Katrina Schlunke – University of Technology Sydney – Centre for Transforming Cultures (http://www.uts.edu.au/staff/katrina.schlunke)
- Prof Laurie Buys – Queensland University of Technology – Sociology, Urban and Regional Planning – (http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/buys/)
- Dr Gillian Lawson – Queensland University of Technology – Landscape Architecture (http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/lawsong/)
- A/Prof Stephen Chalup – University of Newcastle – Newcastle Robotics Laboratory (http://robots.newcastle.edu.au/~chalup)
12.30pm – 1.30pm Lunch
Provided by ANDS for any attendees who are staying for the afternoon of talks. Register for the afternoon.
Registration and cost
Costs will be free for staff or students of a AOASG member institution, and $50 for all others.
If you have any issues on the day you can ring Susannah: 0412 266 105
This workshop is planned to precede the free Australia National Data Service afternoon of talks exploring open access, data, data reuse, data citation and research impact featuring guest speaker Dr Heather Piwowar. This event has now SOLD OUT. If you want to know where else Dr Piwowar is presenting while she is in Australia email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following two days (Thursday 6th and Friday 7th November) at ACU North Sydney will see the CAUL Research Repositories Community Days – considering various aspects of repository management. Queries for this event can be directed here.