The Australasian Open Access Strategy Group (AOASG) is committed to promoting open access through collaboration, raising awareness and by leading and building capacity in this area.
The AOASG is supported by eleven Australian and eight New Zealand Institutions with a commitment to Open Access. Their nominated representatives are:
- The Australian National University – Roxanne Missingham, University Librarian (Deputy Chair)
- Charles Sturt University – Karen Johnson, Executive Director, Library Services
- Council of New Zealand University Librarians (CONZUL) – Sue Roberts, University Librarian, University of Auckland
- Curtin University – Catherine Clark, University Librarian and Director of the John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library at Curtin University
- Griffith University – Linda O’Brien, Pro Vice Chancellor (Information Services)
- Macquarie University – JoAnne Sparks, University Librarian
- University of Melbourne – Teresa Chitty, Director Research and Collections
- University of Newcastle – Greg Anderson, University Librarian
- UNSW Sydney – Martin Borchert, University Librarian.
- Queensland University of Technology – Judy Stokker, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Technology, Information and Library Services) (Chair)
- University of Western Australia – Jill Benn, University Librarian
- Victoria University – Ralph Kiel, University Librarian
The Patron of the AOASG is Emeritus Professor Tom Cochrane, Faculty of Law at QUT.
The AOASG Director is Dr Virginia Barbour. You can contact her on email@example.com
Anyone interested in Open Access in Australasia is welcome to contribute to discussions on the AOASG Open Access Community Discussion list. There are approximately 300 people on the list as of April 2017. Around 70% of the list are librarians from university, research organisations and government libraries. The remainder of the list is a combination of researchers, university administrators, public servants and open access publishers. Subscribe here.
You can also subscribe to our free monthly newsletter that contains Open Access information from around the web.
Daily updates are posted on our twitter account @openaccess_anz
The Group also runs informal calls on open access every six weeks, one for Australia and one for New Zealand. Anyone working in this area is welcome to join the calls.
If you are interested in knowing more about any of our activities please contact the Director, Dr Virginia Barbour: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated April, 2017