The Australasian Open Access Strategy Group (AOASG) is committed to promoting open access through collaboration, raising awareness and by leading and building capacity in this area.
The AOASG is supported by ten Australian and eight New Zealand Institutions with a commitment to Open Access. Their nominated representatives are:
- Charles Sturt University – Karen Johnson, Executive Director, Library Services
- Council of New Zealand University Librarians (CONZUL) – Sue Roberts, University Librarian, University of Auckland
- Curtin University – Catherine Clark, University Librarian and Director of the John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library at Curtin University
- Griffith University – Maureen Sullivan, Director Library and Learning Services
- Macquarie University – JoAnne Sparks, University Librarian
- University of Melbourne – Donna McRostie, Director Research and Collections
- University of Newcastle – Greg Anderson, University Librarian
- UNSW Sydney – Martin Borchert, University Librarian (Chair)
- Queensland University of Technology – Judy Stokker, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Technology, Information and Library Services)
- University of Western Australia – Jill Benn, University Librarian
- Victoria University – Ralph Kiel, University Librarian
The Patron of the AOASG is Emeritus Professor Tom Cochrane, Faculty of Law at QUT.
The AOASG Executive Committee (elected 2018) are:
- Martin Borchert, UNSW (Chair)
- Jill Benn, UWA
- Maureen Sullivan, Griffith University
- Mark Sutherland , University of Newcastle
The AOASG Director is Dr Virginia Barbour.
Anyone interested in Open Access in Australasia is welcome to contribute to discussions on the AOASG Open Access Community Discussion list. There are approximately 300 people on the list as of April 2017. Around 70% of the list are librarians from university, research organisations and government libraries. The remainder of the list is a combination of researchers, university administrators, public servants and open access publishers. Subscribe here.
You can also subscribe to our free newsletter that contains Open Access information from around the web.
Daily updates are posted on our twitter account @openaccess_anz
The Group also runs informal calls of communities of practice on open access every six weeks, one for Australia and one for New Zealand. Anyone working in this area is welcome to join the calls.
If you are interested in knowing more about any of our activities please contact the Director, Dr Virginia Barbour.
Page last updated August, 2018