The Australasian Open Access Strategy Group (AOASG) is committed to the advocacy of open access through collaboration, raising awareness and by leading and building capacity in this area.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the Executive Director, Dr Virginia Barbour: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AOASG is supported by ten Australian and eight New Zealand Institutions with a commitment to Open Access. Their nominated representatives are:
- The Australian National University – Roxanne Missingham, University Librarian (Deputy Chair)
- Charles Sturt University – Karen Johnson, Executive Director, Library Services
- Council of New Zealand University Librarians (CONZUL) – Larraine Shepherd, Chair of CONZUL
- Curtin University – Catherine Clark, University Librarian and Director of the John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library at Curtin University
- Griffith University – Linda O’Brien, Pro Vice Chancellor (Information Services)
- Macquarie University – JoAnne Sparks, University Librarian
- The University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle – Greg Anderson, University Librarian
- Queensland University of Technology – Judy Stokker, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Technology, Information and Learning Support) (Chair)
- University of Western Australia – Jill Benn, University Librarian
- Victoria University – Ralph Kiel, University Librarian
The Patron of the AOASG is Emeritus Professor Tom Cochrane, Faculty of Law at QUT.
The AOASG Executive Director is Dr Virginia Barbour. You can contact her on email@example.com
Anyone interested in Open Access in Australasia is welcome to contribute to the discussion on the AOASG Open Access Community Discussion list.
There are approximately 260 people on the list as of March 2015, Around 70% of the list are librarians from university, research organisations and government libraries. The remainder of the list is a combination of researchers, university administrators, public servants and open access publishers. Subscribe here.
You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter that contains Open Access information from around the web.
Daily updates are posted on the home page of the website and on our twitter account @openaccess_anz
The AOASG is developing relationships with organisations working towards opening up access to research outcomes. One such alliance is with AusGOAL, which provides support to government and other sectors to enable open access to publicly funded information.
If you are interested in knowing more about this please contact the Executive Director, Dr Virginia Barbour: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated May 9, 2016